If you are looking to sell your home quickly to improve your finances, you may be interested in selling your house without a realtor. Realtors can take a long time to sell your home, and they take substantial fees. When you sell your home through a real estate agent, you can plan to lose about 7% of the money from your home in fees for your agent and your buyer’s agent. That is money that you take from your home’s equity, which you will never get back.
Some sellers need money from their home quickly. If this is the case for you, a realtor might seem like a good option. Realtors will work hard to sell your home. But even a realtor won’t be able to get you an offer as quickly as 800-Buy-Kwik. We provide cash offers for houses in as little as 24 hours—no realtors, no hassle.
What realtors do
Realtors sell homes by promoting your house to buyers. The biggest value that real estate agents offer is making sure the terms of the closing are fair. If you can take care of those tasks yourself, you can easily sell your house without a realtor.
How to sell your own house
If you want to sell by owner, there are a few steps you need to take.
- Price to sell. Look at the value of equivalent houses in your neighborhood, and then take a hard look at your own house. Deduct money for any repairs or updates that the new owners will need to make. Ask for a competitive low price and you’ll sell it quickly.
- List your house on the MLS. The MLS, or Multiple Listing Service, is the one-stop shop for online listing. It shows your house to all realtors in your area, and buyers can sometimes view the MLS for a fee.
- Don’t forget Trulia and Zillow! These are important sites where buyers look to find all the available homes for sale in their area.
- Get a marketing package. FSBO.com has a marketing package that includes yard signs, brochures, flyers, and other resources that will bring potential buyers to your house. You can also list on places like Craiglist.
- Have an open house. Scrub your house top to bottom, remove as much of your personal items as possible, and invite prospective buyers in. Remember, your goal is to make them envision themselves living in your house.
- Run the contract by an attorney. Most areas have a standard house purchasing contract. Have an attorney look over it to make sure the terms are fair and that you understand what you are agreeing to.
- Contact 800-Buy-Kwik. Skip the hassle. Give us a call and we’ll give you a cash offer within 24 hours.
You can get more money for your house by selling it without a real estate agent. If you are looking for a quick and easy turnaround on your house, 800-Buy-Kwik will give you a cash offer within 24 hours, no hassle!