Sitting right across the Trinity River in Dallas, Texas is the “lofty” yet very underrated, and still somewhat under-the-radar, Dallas Design District. With neighboring ‘hood Victory Park to the east, Design District dwellers and other Dallas residents flock here for the eateries, bars, gorgeous live-work spaces and other signature spots. (No ugly houses here!) We’ve rounded up some of our favorites in this hip Dallas neighborhood.
- Breakfast tacos? But, of course! Also, try The Pollo Acapulco and the plate of Barbacoa. It’s all hot, hot, hot — in the best way possible.
Pakpao Thai Food
- Yes, this is a Thai place, but we think it is the Thai place. We adore the coconut rice and drunken noodles and the freshly “squeezed” watermelon juice, which is by the way so refreshing. It is surprisingly the perfect complementary beverage to Thai food.
- A gastropub with character, The Moth serves up many a thing but the only menu item you need to know about is their Bacon Lollipop. You have to eat it to believe it.
Cocktails/ Wine Bars/ Bars
d.e.c. on Dragon St.
- Known for the late night pop-ups and stunning view of the Dallas skyline, d.e.c. is a venue to beat all venues. Oh and did we mention they have a rooftop patio, perfect for taking in a Dallas summer?
Bishop Cider Tasting Room
- Go for the sweet taste of cider, fill up your growler and definitely order up the Cideways! Also ask about their Five Star Rewards and free glass promotion. Hip, hip hooray for Bishop!!
- Pressed juices and crunchy battered shrimp dipped in aioli? Play pool and eat sushi? Yes, you can do it all at Quill in the Design District of Dallas.
- This elegant wine bar comes with a private tasting room and swanky yet rustic decor. Oenophiles, check out their blog for juicy updates about “fleshy ripe” Italian reds and more.
Coffee + Baked Goods
- Get your wired on at Ascension, a coffee house that serves up a nice Almond Milk Cappuccino. Sip it on their lovely little patio and nibble on lovely avocado toast. It’s all so very lovely!
- Let them eat cake — gorgeous, mouth-watering delicious cake! This bakery is one of the gems of the Design District, and we think it, along with the other jewels listed here, help this up-and-coming community to be an authentically Hip Dallas neighborhood, indeed.
Leave a Comment